FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Check-in and reception
Guests may check-in from 14:00. Please check-out by 11:00. A later check-in (outside office hours) may only be arranged by prior arrangement.
- Any discounts offered are subject to booking in advance.
- Firstly we will confirm your booking details.
- Your booking is secured by 50% payment in advance of arrival.
- The remaining 50% of your payment must be paid on arrival.
- Payments can be made with cash, credit card or Snapscan.
You will be given access control to the De Bos entrance gate, by using your cellphone. If you have not been given cellphone access, you will not be able to enter or leave. There are no charges for making a call to the gate BUT YOU WILL NEED airtime.
When checking-out, please return any keys by putting them in the green post box at reception.
We are usually available from 07:00 to 19:00. If we are not at reception, you can call or WhatsApp us on 071 462 8812, and if we are available, we will meet you at reception.
- De Bos is a quiet and peaceful place where guests are able to relax and experience nature and the outdoors.
- When staying here, you will be sharing De Bos with other guests, and therefore you need to be respectful of everyone.
- We do not permit loud music at all.
- We do not permit noise after 22:00.
We have many pets of our own and love to see guests bringing their pets as well. De Bos is a large open area, so your pets can explore too. All animals must be well behaved. Dogs may not bark excessivly and must be weary of our farm animals and other pets.
- Unfortunately, we DO NOT allow any day visitors.
- Day visitors of guests may be permitted by prior arrangement.
We have a refreshing and large outdoor swimming pool that is available to all guests.
WiFi is available in the camp site, communal areas and cottages.
- The name of the hotspot is DE BOS WiFi .
- The password is @DeBos123.
- Yes, the Barn is for use by the guests of the Camp site, Dormitories and Rooms.
- This includes the braai sites in the courtyard and opposite the Barn along the river.
- Anyone using the Barn is expected to leave it in the same condition they found it in. It must be kept clean and tidy at all times.
- You may not remove equipment from the Barn.
Things to do
- You can find out about De Bos and things to do in Montagu on our Explore Montagu page.
- The Tourist Information Office in Montagu is also very helpful.
- We also have a notice board in the Barn which displays information such as upcoming events.
- Yes you can. Use the pedestrian gate near our jungle gym. The combination lock is 1966.
- This pedestrian gate will also give you access to climbing routes in the Kloof, such as the Steeple.